19 May 2011

Spinach... something!

Alright, I don't really know if what I just made would be best described as a pesto, a spread, or a dip, but it's mighty tasty and I intend on putting it on everything. I just had it on a slice of whole wheat bread, but I bet it would be exceptionally tasty on fresh pasta, some fresh Italian bread, with grilled cheese, and even in egg & cheese sandwiches. In truth, I had intended on making this Spinach Arugula Pesto recipe to use up the last of my CSA produce in a way that would allow me to store it while I'm gone this weekend, but it didn't quite get there.

Spinach "Multitasker"
Ingredients
  • 2.25 oz shelled walnuts
  • 1 can cannellini beans
  • 1 tbs minced garlic
  • 3.5 tbs reduced fat parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 3-4 cups fresh spinach (baby spinach will work fine)
Equipment
  • Food processor
  • Spatula
Instructions
  1. Toast shelled walnuts on a pan for 5 minutes on medium heat or until aromatic.
  2. In food processor, puree the walnuts, beans, garlic, and cheese together until well blended.
  3. Scrape down sides of the processor, add spinach, and stream olive oil in processor while pulsing together the mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment